Love and Girls Over 60

Love and Girls Over 60

A New Revolution


Last year about this time, I was on the breakfast line at my senior center, reaching for the napkins, when the man in front of me asked “Have you made your New Year’s revolution?”  Well, like any other seasoned  citizen  in good standing,  I asked myself if I had really heard him correctly.  So I carefully placed my utensils on the tray, looked him straight in the eye and asked politely, “my new year’s revolution?”  “Yes”, he replied, “doesn’t everyone make their revolutions?”
               
I know I shouldn’t correct anyone but if you know the Chiki, then you know I just can’t help making those statements that, perhaps, I shouldn’t.  It was on the tip of my tongue to tell him that people usually made resolutions and not revolutions when I realized that he had a point. 
Why make resolutions we forget - usually five days after we make them.  Revolutions seemed such a better way to go. So, I smiled at him and nodded.  The last I saw of him he was at the counter getting stewed prunes which was probably, for him, a great revolution.
               
I got to thinking,  why don’t we all make New Year’s revolutions.  After all it’s only the change of one letter but what a difference it could make.  If you looked up the meaning of “reVolution” there are many.  The  one I lI like the best is a sudden, complete or marked change in something. How great it would be to instantly change our bad habits, old hurts, anger, guilt and all those other negative emotions and behaviors that keep us from being our better selves. 
               
Hey, I’m not the Chiki Knows for nothing.  I know what you are asking me right now: “how in the New Year’s knees do I change suddenly and completely when I can’t even keep a resolution for five days?”  Well it’s real easy. Simply Change Your Mind.  If you want change, you can’t just change how you act, you must also change how you think.  Believe that what you want already is, keep the thought and the image of your good in your mind. Keep the God Spirit in you burning bright. It can change your life.  You will immediately see everything in a different light.  Subsequently, the universe joins in and brings to you the outward change.

Been there…done that…trust me…The Chiki Knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment